Terms & Conditions
- The following terms and conditions apply to users of our website.
- By using or joining ThinkMoney you agree and are bound by these terms and conditions.
- ThinkMoney reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at their discretion.
- ThinkMoney may modify this agreement from time to time, with or without notice, and your continued usage and membership of ThinkMoney will be deemed as your acceptance of the new terms and conditions.
- Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, all of the content on this site is the property of ThinkMoney and is protected by copyright laws.
- "Content" means any information, mode of expression, or other material and services found on ThinkMoney website. This includes discussion boards, product reviews or feedback, product comparisons, calculation algorithms, chat, our writings, graphics and any and all other features found on the site. This does however exclude member’s personal details.
- ThinkMoney is a facilitator of loans and as such cannot disclose the precise terms of each loan provider’s money lending conditions. Therefore the implications of late payments varies from lender to lender; the implications of non-payment varies from lender to lender; Code of Practice/Policy on Responsible Lending is dependent on the lender; the disclosure of fees including the annual percentage rate (APR) is dependent on the various lenders; and the disclosure of renewal policy varies from lender to lender.
- Clients are advised to clarify this information with the relevant provider that they are pre-qualified with before taking out a loan.
- Loans are subject to the National Credit Act No. 34 of 2005. In accepting the terms and conditions you give ThinkMoney the permission to obtain a credit check and or any other relevant check on your behalf.
- You own the copyright to the information you post on our site.
- Please note, however, that when you post content (such as a product feedback or discussion board post) in our areas, you expressly grant ThinkMoney an unlimited and royalty-free license to republish and/or sell the post as part of an edited compilation or otherwise.
- ThinkMoney will only use and republish your words in context and will not make any substantive changes to it.
- ThinkMoney will also credit you as the author in any use or republication of your material unless you have chosen to provide this information anonymously.
- All ThinkMoney online applications are completely free of charge.
At ThinkMoney we highly encourage our members to share their views and voice their opinions. However, we must ensure that it is done in a lawful and civil manner - be it writing product reviews, posting messages on our boards or using our systems to communicated directly to any other person. As such, you agree to use ThinkMoney for lawful purposes only. You may not use, or allow others to use, your ThinkMoney membership to:
- Post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, or defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
- Post or transmit any material that you do not have a right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (as in nondisclosure agreements);
- Post, transmit, or link to sexually explicit material;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or entity;
- Post or transmit statements that are intentionally false or misleading, or use such statements to manipulate the market for any security;
- Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site;
- Collect or store personal data about other users;
- Post or transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses," or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
ThinkMoney reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through our site. ThinkMoney, at our sole discretion and without prior notice, may at any time review, remove, or otherwise block any post or terminate your membership for violating the above provisions.
- Membership of ThinkMoney is only available to residents of South Africa aged 18 or older.
- An individual can join ThinkMoney only once.
- Individuals with more than one membership account can be removed as members at ThinkMoney's discretion.
- By accepting this agreement, you certify that you have no other membership accounts with ThinkMoney.
- By registering as a member, you certify that all information you provide in the registration is accurate.
- Members must also agree to provide only true and accurate information to ThinkMoney as well as partners and third party advertisers at all times. Individuals joining ThinkMoney will register under their current email address (username) and password.
- You must have a valid email address registered with us at all times. If an email that we send to you should bounce for some reason, your account may be temporarily suspended until you contact us with a verifiable address. o As a member of ThinkMoney, you can change your password and your email (username) at any time.
- Members may, at the discretion of ThinkMoney, be required at any time to provide proof of identity and address.
- Failure to provide the above proof of identity or address will result in the member’s account being temporarily suspended until this proof has been submitted.
- ThinkMoney reserves the right to suspend or terminate any account that has been dormant for a period of 6 months.
- Any terminated or suspended members will have no access to any of the features or benefits of membership
- By ticking the boxes you agree to allow ThinkMoney to communicate with you. If at any point you would like to be removed from (or added to) any of these list, this can be done in the Membership section of the site.
- You are responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your membership and password. Please don't disclose your password to anybody. If your password has been stolen, you must let us know immediately.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ThinkMoney, and its, affiliates, directors, officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage or loss we may incur (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) as a result of any material you post on our forums or reviews or any violation by you of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
- ThinkMoney cannot and does not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the comparisons, news, information, or other content found on our site, or its usefulness for any particular purpose.
- You understand and acknowledge that information posted or transmitted by other users are the sole responsibility of the person from which such material originated.
- ThinkMoney takes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or even truth of the information posted in our areas.
- ThinkMoney relies on various sources of information that we believe to be accurate and reliable. However, ThinkMoney makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material contained in our areas. All information provided on ThinkMoney is to be used on an "as is, with all faults" basis.
- We make no promises that our content or the service itself will be delivered to you uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- o We will, in fact, not make any promises or warranties except that we won't intentionally lie to you.
- What this all means is that you agree that under no circumstances shall ThinkMoney be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or any other type of loss or injury resulting from your use, or downloading of any content on our site. This includes, but is not limited to, loss or injury caused in whole or in part by our negligence or by contingencies beyond our control in creating or delivering any portion of ThinkMoney.
- You also agree that ThinkMoney shall not be liable for any decision made or action taken by you or others based upon reliance on news, information, or any material published by ThinkMoney.
- ThinkMoney is committed to our member’s privacy and the following notes outline our information practices. If you feel we are not abiding by our policy or if you have any questions please contact us.
- We collect basic personal information (Name, DOB, email address, ID number, etc.) from you as part of our registration process to enable us to set up and manage your account.
- We also collect basic personal information (Name, DOB, email address, ID number, Tel number etc.) from you when you apply for any product promoted through the ThinkMoney.
- In addition we collect information on your preferences when you complete our on-line surveys.
- We collect information on which financial services and other products you select through our comparison listings.
- From time to time we may also ask for additional personal information as part of a promotion/competition.
Refer a Friend
If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purpose for which their personal data will be processed.
Use of Information
- By joining ThinkMoney or applying for products through ThinkMoney you agree that ThinkMoney and its partners can communicate with you with suitable offers or news.
- While we may from time to time promote offers supplied by third parties whereby the third party may contact you directly.
- You may also, at any time, choose to opt-in or opt-out of receiving all types of marketing communications by ticking or un-ticking the boxes provided in the My Account Details page or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- You may at any time remove yourself as a member of ThinkMoney in which case no additional communication will be sent from ThinkMoney to that particular account.
- ThinkMoney is an active member of the Direct Marketing Association (“DMA”) and according to Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008, we advise our visitors about “The DMA Don’t Contact Me Database”. ThinkMoney ensures that its database is regularly in compliance with the DMA Don’t Contact Me Database and should you wish to no longer receive communications from ThinkMoney you can register on the database here (https://www.nationaloptout.co.za).
- From time to time we will perform analysis on our member, feedback and transaction databases. The results of this analysis may be released to third parties, but only in aggregate form and will contain no personal information at all. We may also use transactional or usage data to update your profile so that we can offer you similar products that maybe of interest to you based on this data.
- In our product review section (and anywhere else on our site), you are publicly identified by your name. If you select to keep your name anonymous then we will only display your initials. If not, and you use your full name, you have voluntarily disclosed that information to the ThinkMoney community. The same is true for any personal identifiable information you include in any review section.
- We may also ask for some feedback pertaining to your specific use of the product (like your credit limit or overdraft limit). This information will never be disclosed directly to the public (through our site or otherwise) or to any third party and will only be used for analysis purposes or displayed in a consolidated form (for example as an average) on our site or to a third party.
- The feedback left by users on ThinkMoney is their own opinion(s) and not that of ThinkMoney and the employees of ThinkMoney.
- Users to ThinkMoney may only leave the following review per products every 6 months to qualify for the weekly R500 draw:
- 2 Car and Home Insurance products
- 1 Medical Aid product
- 2 Life Insurance products
- 2 Credit Card products
- 2 Bank Account products
- 2 Personal Loan products
- 1 Home Loan product
- 2 Vehicle Finance products
- 2 Home Loan products
- Cookie Tracking: We may store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device), which we can access when you visit our site in the future. We do this to remember your login details. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions on your file management software, which locates the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas of our site.
- ThinkMoney members may click through and open mail tracking when sent emails. We may use this information to create a more detailed profile of you so that we can provide you with similar products that maybe of interest to you
- When you visit our site, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
- We offer the use of a secure server when you access your account detail and profile information. We also use secure server software when you complete surveys that are hosted by us.
- Access to your account is password protected and we never release details of this to third parties. These details will only be released to the account holder. If you have forgotten your password, please click on the link in the Account Information box on the ThinkMoney site to request your password and Username.
- ThinkMoney cannot be held responsible for any activity in your account that has resulted from a member not keeping their account details secure.
- We reserve the right to access and disclose individual information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests. We also reserve the rights to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of this web site, where that use does not comply with our terms and conditions
- Third Party Advertiser: We display advertising from third parties on our site and we are not responsible for the content or privacy polices of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated.
- ThinkMoney may amend this Privacy and Cookie Statement from time to time. If we make any substantive changes to this policy, we'll announce it on our site.
- We abide by the Waspa.org.za code of conduct. See http://www.waspa.org.za/code/codeconduct.shtml.
The promoter is: ThinkMoney (PTY) Ltd whose registered office is at 1st Floor Kiepersol House, Stonemill Office Park, 300 Acacia Rd, Darrenwood, 2194.
Employees of ThinkMoney or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via email.
Closing date for entry will be three months after first sent or otherwise stated on marketing material. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
Winners will be chosen by a lucky draw.
The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected
The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to ThinkMoney and not to any other party.